Bug#682084: ITP: totalopenstation -- download and process data from total station devices
Owner: "Matteo F. Vescovi" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* Package name : totalopenstation
Version : 0.3
Upstream Author : Stefano Costa <email@example.com>
* URL : http://tops.iosa.it/
* License : GPL-3+
Programming Lang: Python
Description : download and process data from total station devices
Total Open Station (TOPS for friends) is a free software program
for downloading and processing data from total station devices.
This is a task which is usually done by proprietary, dedicated and
Windows™-only software, but TOPS is different by nature, because:
- it is free software released under the GNU GPLv3 license;
- it works on any operating system, including mobile platforms like OpenMoko;
- it is designed to support as many devices and formats as possible,
all within the same program, opposed to having one program per device.
Every model has its own quirks, but TOPS uses a modular structure and keeps
the downloading of data logically separated from its processing, thus enabling
exporting data to a variety of output formats, even at a later moment.
Archiving of raw data is made easy by using plain text files.