Bug #680861 - change postinst or bug in debhelper?

Hi All,

I'm trying to resolve bug #680861 where the problem is that if the
config of aiccu is incorrect and thus the program can't start it breaks
the upgrade.

In the aiccu.postinst i have the line: "#DEBHELPER#", debhelper replaces
this with:
	# Automatically added by dh_installinit
	if [ -x "/etc/init.d/aiccu" ]; then
	        update-rc.d aiccu defaults >/dev/null
	        invoke-rc.d aiccu start || exit $?
	fi
	# End automatically added section

The problem is "invoke-rc.d aiccu start || exit $?" which exits the
postinst with an error if aiccu fails to start and thus brakes the upgrade.

I want to change this to "invoke-rc.d aiccu start || true" but then I
have to remove the "#DEBHELPER#" line and do it 'manually', ofcourse
this isn't the problem but I prefer to use debhelper as much as possible.

The problem is that if I (/aiccu) have this problem than other packages
should have the same problem and this would be a debpacker bug.
Is this a debhelper bug and should I report a bug or should I just
replace the code so it works for aiccu?

Thanks in advance for you advise.

Regards,

Reinier