Re: Recommends for metapackages

Nikolaus Rath <Nikolaus@rath.org> writes:

> Gergely Nagy <algernon@balabit.hu> writes:
>> For the cases where one wants to have most of the stuff installed that
>> the meta-package would pull in, but not all, solutions already exist.
>
> What solutions do you mean?

Installing the pieces one wants by hand, for one. Automating that with a
custom meta-package as another, using my script for the automation as a
third. Using equivs to create a dummy stub for the unwanted packages
(eg, n-m) and using the meta package as-is as a fourth.

There are probably other, similarly straightforward options, but four's
enough for a start.