Re: Report from the Bug Squashing Party in Salzburg

On 21/06/12 13:10, Bernd Zeimetz wrote:
On 06/21/2012 04:53 AM, Paul Wise wrote:
On Thu, Jun 21, 2012 at 6:50 AM, Philip Ashmore wrote:

The thought of setting up personal (or even Debian-wide) Google+ servers
never occurred to me.

I think you might have missed the point. Google+ is a proprietary SaaS
used for selling your eyeballs to advertisers. It is unlikely that
Google will ever let it be installed on other servers, let alone
release the source code under a free license. Debian should avoid
using such SaaS offerings and promote the free alternatives that exist
and the movements that support them, some links:

Seriously, thats all fine stuff, but if having a hangout with 10+ people
on google+ helps Debian to get the bugs squashed, I can't see a reason
why we should not use it. It is much more pain free to use than any
other solution we have in Debian.

Two points, two cents each: