Re: why do people introduce stup^Wstrange changes to quilt 3.0 format

]] Russ Allbery

> If I were to pick between the enhancements to Debian in this area, none of
> which I have time to work on and therefore can't vote on via
> implementation, I'd be way more interested in avoiding the entire source
> package upload process entirely and be able to just push signed Git tags
> to a trusted host that stores Git repositories for our packages.  Even if
> those repositories were only accessible to Debian maintainers because
> they're not license-reviewed.

As always, it's easier to add another abstraction layer and so generate
the (somewhat pointless) source package and upload that, rather than
modifying dak (and/or buildd) to handle two kinds of sources and source
tools.

I do agree it'd be better if we could just get rid of source packages,
but we're far from there yet, sadly.

--
Tollef Fog Heen