why do people introduce stup^Wstrange changes to quilt 3.0 format

Hi dpkg-* maintainers,

I know, it is documented in dpkg-source man page:
       Contrary  to  quilt's default behaviour, patches are expected to apply
       without any fuzz. When that is not the case, you should  refresh  such
       patches  with  quilt,  or  dpkg-source  will error out while trying to
       apply them.
Still I request reverting this change. It is a PITA and nothing else.

Is there a rational behind not allowing any fuzz?
Any *rational* explanation why I and probably many other have to
unfuzzify permanently patches where I *KNOW* that they are ok?

If I have a fuzzy patch that shifts one line or so, especially when
using svn/git based orig.tar.gz, this is as much a hurdle as anything else.

Well, the only options is to drop stupid 3.0 format and move back to
1.0 and use quilt manually. Is this what Debian dpkg devs want?

Best wishes

Norbert
You're bound to be unhappy if you optimize everything.
 			--- Donald E. Knuth