Re: RFC: OpenRC as Init System for Debian

On May 09, Tollef Fog Heen <tfheen@err.no> wrote:

> This is something I'm pondering if we should handle in either a systemd
> trigger or a tool that packages shipping systemd files can call to tell
> the user about any changes.  (Basically a wrapper around ucf, probably.)
The more I think about it, the more I suspect that the correct solution
would be to just symlink /lib/udev/rules.d/ to /etc/udev/rules.d/ and so
on.

Can some dpkg expert comment about what would packages have to do to
handle the transition? Please remember that multiple uncoordinated
packages install files in /etc/udev/rules.d/, this is a bit like
/usr/doc/ and I do not want to have all of them create a symlink until
the next release.

--
ciao,
Marco