Re: RFC: OpenRC as Init System for Debian

Tollef Fog Heen <tfheen@err.no> writes:

> ]] Philipp Kern
>> You will not, however, get a conffile update prompt when the system
>> file changes (e.g. to update your own local copy to incorporate the
>> fix).
> This is something I'm pondering if we should handle in either a systemd
> trigger or a tool that packages shipping systemd files can call to tell
> the user about any changes.  (Basically a wrapper around ucf, probably.)

Such a tool would certainly be very useful, but doing it right would be
fairly hard, as far as I see.

And it would require assistance from at least the package maintainer, to
mark in which versions the unit file under /lib changed, so that it can
trigger only when appropriate and not on every upgrade.

(And there's possibly other corner cases to consider, but they escape me
right now..)