Re: Node.js and it's future in debian

On 05/01/2012 11:32 PM, Jonathan Nieder wrote:
> Steve Langasek wrote:
>> On Tue, May 01, 2012 at 03:30:50PM -0500, Jonathan Nieder wrote:
>
>>> Wait, really?  What happened to respect by maintainers for the
>>> project?
>>
>> "The project" is not "a set of random maintainers who have a filename
>> conflict with you".
>
> Sorry, I don't understand the above sentence.  Do you mean that it is
> impossible to come to a consensus when one maintainer of a relevant
> package disagrees?  I can understand that claim, but it doesn't seem
> to be the same as the sentence above.

If one of the maintainers disagrees with a solution you did not come to
a consensus. Yes. And the policy has an easy solution for that:

10.1 Binaries
The maintainers should report this to the debian-devel mailing list and
try to find a consensus about which program will have to be renamed. If
a consensus cannot be reached, both programs must be renamed.

And this is - looking at this way too long thread - the best solution
for this issue imho.