Re: The future of non-dependency-based boot

]] Roger Leigh

> (I don't know if you saw my mail regarding having done this
> provisionally in git; I mentioned it on the pkg-sysvinit-devel
> list and in #545976.  I was wanting to additionally ask you
> how safe it would be to remove the is_unsafe_to_activate check
> and just run insserv anyway, and rely on insserv to fail if
> problems are found.)

Not having sysv-rc complain when it can't wrap its head around the init
scripts on the system would be very much appreciated.  I'm kinda tired
of it trying to convert my system on each upgrade and then failing.
(And this machine has never even used sysvinit.)

--
Tollef Fog Heen