Re: The future of non-dependency-based boot

On Wed, Apr 18, 2012 at 11:00:00AM +0200, Goswin von Brederlow wrote:
> Petter Reinholdtsen <pere@hungry.com> writes:
> > [Sven Joachim]
> >> I beg to disagree, it is already unsupportable because the only way
> >> to test it is to set up a lenny system, create some local init
> >> script without LSB headers to prevent migration to dependency based
> >> boot, and then upgrade all the way to squeeze and wheezy.
> > You can also install file-rc.  It only handle the static script
> > ordering, and when switching the static ordering is activated.  :)
> Or seed the debconf value and override file for legacy bootordering
> before (c)debootstrap:
[...]
>         echo  >$F "Name: sysv-rc/convert-legacy"
>         echo >>$F "Template: sysv-rc/convert-legacy"
>         echo >>$F "Value: false"
>         echo >>$F "Owners: sysv-rc"

Given that skipping a release isn't supported and as this has been in squeeze,
can it be dropped from sysv-rc, please?

Kind regards,
Philipp Kern
--
 .''`.  Philipp Kern                        Debian Developer
: :' :  http://philkern.de                         Stable Release Manager