Re: NM without X (general: users vs developers)

On Fri, Mar 23, 2012 at 5:49 PM, Svante Signell
<svante.signell@telia.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 2012-03-23 at 22:29 +0000, Jon Dowland wrote:
>> This is completely off-topic for -devel. Please take it to debian-user
>> if you want to continue.
>
> No it is not, this is as important as the systemd/upstart/sysvint\
> issue, now being discussed on Debian devel. The general question is:
> How much tolerance do we as users have towards the developers lack of
> listening to their users, not their own Freud happiness.  As an
> example: How much has gnome3 contributed to _users_ experiences, I'm
> using the fall-back solution, due to lack of alternatives right now.

I don't contribute as much as I'd like to Debian and thus my view of
d-devel might be wrong, but this mailing list is for developers who
need to communicate with developers. Not a place for users to air
their grievances. If you have coding solutions, please offer them or
if you need development advice, then ask. Otherwise, no one is
soliciting opinions about NM or gnome3.

-mz