Re: On init in Debian

On Thu, 2012-03-22 at 20:43 -0300, Fernando Lemos wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 22, 2012 at 8:07 PM, Svante Signell
> <svante.signell@telia.com> wrote:
> > Please, don't make things unbearably complicated in case something
> > breaks!!! Network *should* work also in console mode... Looking forward
> > to the which nasty bugs in the future are caused by systemd/upstart!
>
> Wow. You *clearly* don't know how NM, upstart, or systemd work, and
> you don't want to put any effort into learning. And that's ok. But it
> doesn't mean NM, upstart or systemd are any more complicated than the
> technology they aim to replace.

I'm not afraid of learning new things, I'm a teacher and researcher as a
profession. The real problem is: why waste time on something that is
linux only, be it systemd or upstart, if it is not portable, or even has
the chance to be. I think GNU is the right organization to handle
matters like this, at least if the target is free (as in copyleft)
software. If not, I think Debian is on the wrong track compared to its
social contract ...