Re: upstart: please update to latest upstream version

On Mon, Mar 05, 2012 at 02:44:45PM +0100, Marco d'Itri wrote:
> On Mar 05, Marc Haber <mh+debian-devel@zugschlus.de> wrote:
>
> > Should Debian restrict itself to being a Linux platform just to have
> > systemd?
> If it is worth it, yes.
>
> Should Debian reject using <any widely deployed and important system
> component> just to support toy ports which are used by a dozen of people?

Except that kFreeBSD is not a toy port.

FreeBSD is a serious operating system that is used by many people in
system-critical applications, which runs on modern hardware and
outperforms the hell of Linux in some regards.

The kFreeBSD port has some features over Linux that makes it an
interesting option for some use cases, such as ZFS, jails, and more.

So far, I haven't seen any features in systemd that outweigh those. And
the fact that upstream is lazy and doesn't want to do this portability
thing shouldn't mean we should throw out our other ports.

the following formula:

pi zz a