Re: upstart: please update to latest upstream version

On Tue, Mar 06, 2012 at 08:07:37AM +0100, Wouter Verhelst wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 05, 2012 at 02:44:45PM +0100, Marco d'Itri wrote:
> > On Mar 05, Marc Haber <mh+debian-devel@zugschlus.de> wrote:
> >
> > > Should Debian restrict itself to being a Linux platform just to have
> > > systemd?
> > If it is worth it, yes.
> >
> > Should Debian reject using <any widely deployed and important system
> > component> just to support toy ports which are used by a dozen of people?
> Except that kFreeBSD is not a toy port.
> FreeBSD is a serious operating system that is used by many people in
> system-critical applications, which runs on modern hardware and
> outperforms the hell of Linux in some regards.

It is Debian GNU/kFreeBSD being called a toy and not the FreeBSD
operating system.

> The kFreeBSD port has some features over Linux that makes it an
> interesting option for some use cases, such as ZFS, jails, and more.

ZFS is interesting, yes.  Linux device-mapper provides many of the
features but I recognise there can be a benefit from integrating these
into the filesystem iself.  Any year now, btrfs may be mature enough
to use...

Do jails still provide features that LXC does not?

Ben Hutchings
                                                              - Albert Camus