Re: network-manager as default? No!

Brett Parker <iDunno@sommitrealweird.co.uk> writes:

> Everything that you can do with ifupdown you can do with network
> manager,

That's simply not true.

You cannot use n-m remotely without having some out-of-band access.

For a start.  Fix that, and I'll come back with the next issue.  You
don't seem to have a clue wrt the power of ifupdown...

And no, to all the pedants around here, I have not opened a bug report
regarding this.  There are more than enough of those already, and the
maintainer responses clearly shows that they don't care about such
fundamental design flaws.

See e.g. bug #432322.

Bjørn