Re: network-manager as default? No! (was: Bits from the Release Team - Kicking off Wheezy)

On Sun, Apr 03, 2011 at 04:42:11PM +0400, Stanislav Maslovski wrote:
> I understand that you are in a position that forces you to think about
> public relations and such, but if I were a DD I would be more happy if
> DPL was a bit more focused on real problems.

Non sequitur: the fact that I'm participating into this sub-thread does
not imply I'm not focusing on (other) "real problems".

> I manage packages in Debian. If you want me to stop doing that please
> exress it more clearly.

Non sequitur again: I've said nothing about the packages you're
managing.

You're right when you say -devel is not moderated, but that also gives
the liberty to all the list participants, including myself, to comment
when they see usage patterns that they do not think will further the
goals of the list. And I'm sorry, but when I read comments like "if you
do $foo I'll stop using Debian", I can't help thinking (and sometime
commenting) that those comments are not helping pursuing a technical
discussion.

As the rest of this subthread is not helping either, I stop here and
also apologize with the other readers for the noise.

Cheers.