Re: Buildd vs. Cowbuilder: broken symlink in procps dev package on one architecture

Michael Prokop <mika@debian.org> (22/08/2011):
> * Adam D. Barratt [Mon Aug 22, 2011 at 07:11:08PM +0100]:
> > Looking at the procps source package in unstable, it appears to have the
> > same issue.  If that's the case, then I'm afraid your question should
> > really have been "what's the proper way to address this issue in
> > unstable and subsequently in squeeze".
>
> Sure, but fixing the package in unstable doesn't modify the
> behaviour within the stable release, which was the rationale behind
> my question towards the issue in squeeze. :)

The way to fix packages in stable is to fix them in unstable, wait for
the fix to be tested well enough (reaching testing is usually a good
indicator), polished if needed; then backported to stable. Hence Adam's
reply.

Mraw,
KiBi.