Re: Packaging Openstack for Debian: anyone else interested?

2011/3/28 Steve Langasek <vorlon@debian.org>:
> There is a patch for debhelper that will remove this constraint (i.e., both
> upstart jobs and sysvinit scripts will be installed /together/), but there's
> further groundwork to be applied in other packages before it should be
> included in the Debian archive.

Until this happens (assuming it's not going to be Real Soon Now[tm]),
wouldn't it make more sense to just make dh_installinit favour init
scripts over upstart jobs? That's really all I'm suggesting. I
understand handling this from maintainer scripts as opposed to making
the call at dh_installinit time is more elegant, but the current logic
seems like it should be the other way around.

--
Soren Hansen
Ubuntu Developer    http://www.ubuntu.com/