Re: Packaging Openstack for Debian: anyone else interested?

Thomas Goirand <zigo@debian.org> writes:

> Frankly, I think it's silly that there's both Git, HG and Bzr around.
> It's a loss of time for everyone, when all of the above 3 seems very
> close from each other in terms of functionality.

The same argument applies to Debian .deb, Red Hat .rpm, and so on. The
functionality of each is very close to the others because they all were
designed around the same time to solve the same class of problem.

That doesn't mean it's silly to have each of them continue to be around.

--
 \     “Try adding “as long as you don't breach the terms of service – |
  `\          according to our sole judgement” to the end of any cloud |