Re: Packaging Openstack for Debian: anyone else interested?

> Is there anyone else interested? I might open a new project on
> Alioth for that, if we are a lot. If we are only 2, then colab-maint
> will be enough, I guess.

I just wanted to express THANKS for the effort to get openstack in
Debian.  It would be great, and thanks for taking care about it

> Also, Openstack is using bzr, and I know only (CVS and) Git. Does
> anyone have good pointers to documentation not aimed at newbies, so
> I don't waste my time too much?

few blunt cents: I would just

1. use something like
   https://github.com/yarikoptic/git-bzr
   to not mess with learning bzr and operate in GIT (unless upstream
   relies on some bzr mechanism to embed versioning during build etc)

   NB checkout for fixes and alternative reimplementations (e.g. in
   Python)

2. base packaging on actual tarball instead of directly on top of
   the clone of upstream VCS

   that might prevent future pain if upstream decides to switch to
   another VCS

YMMV ;)