Re: new scripts and patches for devscripts

On Thu, 10 Mar 2011 18:48:21 +0100, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:

> To conclude with an obvious argument, rewriting useful tools which are
> known to work and which are currently maintained by a derived distro,
> when they are already written in a popular language, doesn't seem to be
> the smartest thing to do to me.

Agreed.

And in general, I welcome the effort to combine the efforts spent in
the two packages. They are both valuable, and IMO both suffer a bit
from unintuitive names and partly overlapping tools, while both
provide a great help for developers.

(And since both operate on .deb packages I see no real value in
separating them between Debian and Ubuntu.)

Cheers,
gregor

--
 .''`.   http://info.comodo.priv.at/ -- GPG key IDs: 0x8649AA06, 0x00F3CFE4