Re: new scripts and patches for devscripts

On 03/09/2011 01:05 AM, Roger Leigh wrote:
>> Most of the script are written in Python. Rewriting them to get them
>> included in devscripts is too much work without benefit. devscripts
>> would depend on python then.
>
> Most of the scripts are short.  Rewriting would be fairly simple, and
> may be beneficial in removing the Ubuntu-specific bits.

Python si very common these days, I think allowing Python scripts to go
into devscripts would bring some more contributors and useful scripts to
devscripts. I think there is no need to waste a developer's time to
rewrite working stuff in a different language.

 GPG Fingerprints: ECA1 E3F2 8E11 2432 D485 DD95 EB36 171A 6FF9 435F