What else needs to know about armhf?

On Sun, 27 Feb 2011, Steve Langasek wrote:

> > Point being: instead of spending time on low hanging fruits the tool chain
> > should be adapted.
>
> Well, you're simply wrong here.  Work is progressing on having dpkg handle
> armhf, and that is entirely orthogonal to any question of distinguishing
> armhf and armel ELF objects at the binary level.  Having the toolchain
> identify the floating-point ABI in the ELF header is a valid wishlist
> request that would be useful for more than lintian, but it's not relevant to
> bootstrapping the port.

In that tone, I don't look kindly upon NMUs for autotools-dev to add
support for new archs, as upstream is usually quite snappy.  Instead, I
commit to uploading an updated package shortly after I am made aware
that packaging a new upstream snapshot is needed for whatever reason.

So, if armhf support is needed in config.sub/config.guess for
autoconf/automake use, either send ASAP a patch to GNU config upstream,
or file a bug with the patch against autotools-dev which I will forward
upstream.

  Henrique Holschuh