Re: NMU procedure

Hello Raphael,

2011/2/27 Raphael Geissert <geissert@debian.org>:

>> I do really apologize in case we have miss something, we'll try to do
>> better next time.

> Let's list a few things:
> * I didn't like that there was no notification on the bug report

We note that one for next time.
IMHO, BTS should acknowledge the maintainers.

> * Raising the severity doesn't really imply anything

True. Would you suggest some better way to proceed with porter-NMU?

> * The release goal has not been acked by the release team AFAIK

It is a wishlist ('proposed') goal at the moment.

> If you ask me, I would say that providing a magic for file(1) as I said on
> debian-arm[1] would be more useful that NMUing a few hanging fruits.
> Lintian will annoy people with one tag per ELF object otherwise.

We have your `file' request in the TODO stack.

We picked NMUing few "hanging fruits" which nobody cares to standarize
procedures to follow in the future.

Thanks for your input and thanks for all the hard work you do in daily basis.

Kind regards,
--
 Héctor Orón

-- Day DVB-T stop working nicely