Re: RFC: Rules for distro-friendly packages

OoO Pendant le temps de midi  du vendredi 17 septembre 2010, vers 12:16,
Ian Jackson <ijackson@chiark.greenend.org.uk> disait :

>> We just don't live in the  same world. Keep living in your narrow-minded
>> world where  users are  not allowed to  compile themselves  software and
>> where all  systems are up-to-date. In  my real world, I  have users that
>> are running  very old  distro and that  cannot upgrade it  nightly while
>> everything  works perfectly  ans just  need to  test the  software  on a
>> preprod system before trying to package it.

> I agree with your underlying point.  But there is absolutely no call
> for phrases like "keep living in your narrow-minded world".  I think
> you owe Enrico an apology.

> Please try to keep this list polite.  It is OK to disagree with
> people.  It is not OK to call them rude names.

I am not a native English speaker so I fail to see how saying "living in
a  narrow-minded   world"  is  rude.   Wiktionary  does   not  say  that
narrow-minded is rude. It says  "having restricted or rigid views" which
is exactly what I am expressing  here. I should rephrase with "Keep your
restricted view  on what  a user  is allowed to...".  I apology  for any
misunderstanding.
--
Follow each decision as closely as possible with its associated action.