Re: [poll] Ubuntu column on DDPO visible by default?

On 26/08/10 at 00:32 +0200, Ana Guerrero wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 26, 2010 at 12:08:54AM +0200, Lucas Nussbaum wrote:
> > > About the change, I think caring about the status in Ubuntu should be
> > > something you choose and not something that is thrown at you by default
> > > whether you want it or not. Could you please revert this?
> >
> > I think that the poll made it clear that a large majority of people on
> > -qa@ were in favor of the change. With such a minor change (disabling it
> > permanently for you is three clicks away -- Display config - Hide -
> > Submit), I think that a short poll on -qa@ was enough.
> >

> Sorry, 20 voters does not look a big sample and 12 ok over 8 no-ok is not a
> large majority (60 %)

After I announced the results, someone started asking people to vote
anyway if they were against the result. Nobody asked those that were in
favor to continue voting. If you look at the results, the first 15 votes
are the results I announced on -qa@.

> I remember people complained about the ubuntu column when it was enabled
> firstly and the agreed solution there was turning it off by default.

You can't please everybody. Some people are happy with the change, some
people are against the change, and the people against the change agreed
that it should be turned off by default. However, according to the poll,
a large majority (10 for, 5 against, including an anonymous voter -- you
might want to find a way to fix that in your poll) apparently preferred
to have it enabled by default.

I don't see what a discussion on -devel@ would bring. We are unlikely to
come up with a better choice of solutions than what we already have
(keep it on by default, revert the change and make it disabled by
default).

- Lucas