Re: The number of popcon.debian.org-submissions is falling

Russ Allbery <rra@debian.org> writes:

> Goswin von Brederlow <goswin-v-b@web.de> writes:
>
>> Earlier someone mentioned that popcon can report to more than one
>> tracker. So maybe we should talk to Debian based distributions and
>> encourage them to report to both their own (if they have one) and
>> popcon.d.o.
>
> Maybe with some tagging as to the origin derivative, so that we can handle
> cases where that data isn't useful?  There's no guarantee that the Ubuntu
> package has much of anything to do with the Debian package of the same
> name; it might not even be the same software.  They're *normally* the
> same, but we could get some weird artifacts.

Well, ubuntu is quite good with tagging the version. So anything
reported from popularity-contest 1.48ubuntu1 is from ubuntu. :)

Bug I agree with you. Including the ORIGIN in the popcon report would be
usefull, esspecially when a distribution does not patch (and therefore
reversion) popcon.

MfG
        Goswin