Re: xulrunner 1.9.2 into sid?

On Tue, 29 Jun 2010 22:25:06 +0200, Gerfried Fuchs wrote:
> 	Hi!
>
> * Michael Gilbert <michael.s.gilbert@gmail.com> [2010-06-29 21:50:31 CEST]:

> > > You don't know the current policies WRT packages in backports and about
> > > their reasoning, do you?
> >
> > I believe I do.  Backports are for recompilations of unstable packages
> > for the stable releases.
>
>  Thanks for excellently stating that you do *not* know about what is
> backports about and for, you couldn't have done that better.

The second paragraph on the front page of backports.org says pretty
much the same exact thing in different words.

>  Also, weren't it you who responded to a mail about getting the security
> tracker informations straight that it is too much of trouble for you to
> check backports informations, too? I fail to see how that would get
> better if you want to push more stuff into backports?

Yes, and I also stated that if backports were to become an officially
supported release, I would adapt my workflow to support it.  But until
then, it doesn't make sense.

Best wishes,
Mike