Re: xulrunner 1.9.2 into sid?

On Tue, 29 Jun 2010 20:58:11 +0200, Alexander Reichle-Schmehl wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Am 29.06.2010 17:24, schrieb Michael Gilbert:
>
> > No, my proposal is to move the package to a better home: backports.
>
> You don't know the current policies WRT packages in backports and about
> their reasoning, do you?

I believe I do.  Backports are for recompilations of unstable packages
for the stable releases.  Hence, that's why it seems like a good
solution here.  volatile seems like it has a much more restrictive set
of criteria, but I suppose it would also be a good solution if its
allowable.

I just realized that clamav actually went into volatile, and it was
flasplugin-nonfree that went to backports.  Anyway those two show the
two roads already traveled.  It's a matter of debating the best one
for this case.

Honestly, the ideal solution would be for either backports or volatile
to become officially supported (which from what I can tell has been in
discussion for a long time now). In fact, if one or the other did become
official, there would be no need for both.

Best wishes,
Mike