Re: Default value of net.ipv6.bindv6only should revert to 0

Vincent Danjean <vdanjean.ml@free.fr> writes:
>>> Anyone, could you teach me why net.ipv6.bindv6only need to be set
>>> to 1 globally, and why other good programs need to be changed?
>>> I think it should revert.
>
> I've no strong opinion about the default value for net.ipv6.bindv6only.
> However, I think that any application that breaks if the default value
> is 0 or 1 is broken and a bug must be filled..

I think that an application which depends on net.ipv6.bindv6only=1 is
broken (at least as Linux application).

And I think that an application which depends on bindv6only=0 might have
a problem on portability and it might be a bug, but it should work with
Debian as ever.  Setting bindv6only=1 and breaking these programs,
including outside of Debian packages, would not be a good choice.

--
Kazuo Oishi