Re: Default value of net.ipv6.bindv6only should revert to 0

Le mardi 06 avril 2010 à 21:04 +0900, Kazuo Oishi a écrit :
> I have send this message to BTS and rejected.
>
> md@Linux.IT (Marco d'Itri) writes:
> >> Default value of net.ipv6.bindv6only should revert to 0.
> > This has already been discussed on debian-devel and I do not see any new
> > arguments here.
>
> I have already read debian-devel archive, but I was not able to
> found necessity to change default value of net.ipv6.bindv6only to 1.
>
> Anyone, could you teach me why net.ipv6.bindv6only need to be set
> to 1 globally, and why other good programs need to be changed?
> I think it should revert.
As the new sun-java6 maintainer with an egoistic point of view, I'd like
this too.

I don't see Oracle/Sun fixing this issue soon since the bug has been
open in October 2005 [1] and the latest release of the JDK 6 (update 19)
does not include this fix (it has been released last week) [2].

There is a patch for the OpenJDK but since the official Sun JDK is not
free, I cannot apply it...

Sylvestre
PS: Note that, for now, many people are still using the closed JDK for
various reasons (bugs, performances, etc).
[1] http://bugs.sun.com/bugdatabase/view_bug.do?bug_id=6342561
[2] http://java.sun.com/javase/6/webnotes/6u19.html