Re: About new source formats for packages without patches

On Thu, Mar 25, 2010 at 05:19:41PM +0100, Benjamin Drung wrote:
> Am Donnerstag, den 25.03.2010, 16:16 +0000 schrieb Philipp Kern:
> > On 2010-03-25, Josselin Mouette <joss@debian.org> wrote:
> > > I’d expect it to be much smoother for an organization that uses Debian
> > > tools and works with us to add missing functionality in them if needed,
> > > than for an organization that uses its own tools.
> >
> > You seriously don't want to force dak upon everyone.  And there is not
> > even a package.  (And the same is true for wanna-build, sadly.)
>
> Why is there no dak and wanna-build package? Are there plans to create
> such packages?

There is a wanna-build package.  It's about a year out of sync
with what's in use on the Debian buildds, and would be possible
to merge (as was done for sbuild and then buildd).  It just needs
a large chunk of time to merge and test.

I don't have time for it right now myself, so probably won't
happen for Squeeze.  If anyone is sufficiently motiviated to
do this, they are welcome to do this (I'll be happy to review
and merge changes as time allows).

Regards,
Roger

--