Re: About new source formats for packages without patches

Le jeudi 25 mars 2010 à 06:36 -0700, Steve Langasek a écrit :
> Which derivative distribution has asked for this?  Speaking with my Ubuntu
> hat on, the sudden arrival of 3.0 in sid (yes, we knew it was coming
> eventually, but had no inkling of a probable timeline until it was already
> done) has been nothing but a hassle for us, requiring a sudden allocation of
> resources to let the Launchpad archive handle 3.0 packages /at all/, and
> leaving tools like merges.ubuntu.com broken for several months until someone
> could find the time to make them work with 3.0.

While it is interesting to know that the lack of Ubuntu involvement into
Debian can also lead to major breakage on your side, I fail to see how
it relates to the point made by Raphaël. In the long term, having a
unified patching system *will* make things easier for derived
distributions.

Cheers,
--
 .''`.      Josselin Mouette