Re: New Menu category Applictions/Multimedia

Le lundi 15 février 2010 à 13:10 +0100, Andreas Tille a écrit :
> > The problem is not to implement this; it already exists. The problem is
> > that maintainers don???t fill these fields properly. I mean, even KDE
> > developers don???t.
>
> So we need to fire up reportbug, right?

Hint: filing bugs doesn’t guarantee they will be fixed.

> > > ... and the user should be presented with a
> > > configuration option what menu entry priority he wants to see.
> >
> > You mean a menu editor?
>
> No I mean a simple on of switch between "Show all entries" / "Show
> reduced set of entries".

It would be useless. No one needs a menu with 200 applications, because
such a menu is not usable. What users need is a reasonable default
selection and the ability to re-add applications that are hidden by
default. Which is precisely why there are menu editors.

--
 .''`.      Josselin Mouette
: :' :