Re: Possible DDPOMail improvements?

On 15/02/10 at 20:20 +1100, Ben Finney wrote:
> Lucas Nussbaum <lucas@lucas-nussbaum.net> writes:
>
> > On 15/02/10 at 00:26 -0800, Steve Langasek wrote:
> > > I "accept" the mails by deleting them unread. I know where the PTS
> > > is, I don't need to receive periodic mail reminders for my bugs,
> > > duplicated for each team mailing list I'm subscribed to.
> […]
>
> > You are aware that you can unsubscribe, right?
> >
> > Anyway, I added vorlon@debian.org to the list of emails who have
> > unsubscribed.
>
> That doesn't address what Steve is complaining of, above: the messages
> go to mailing lists to which he's subscribed. (Unless I misunderstand
> what you're saying.)
>
> Presumably unsubscribing from those mailing lists is not an option Steve
> wants to take, since the subscription is part of the responsibility of
> being in each team.

Well, if he really cares about that, he could raise the point inside
each of the team he participates in. Or just procmail the mail to
/dev/null (the mail provides the standardized X-Debian header to make
that easy).  Or follow up on Stefano's offer to organize a poll.

Given that, so far, the positive feedback was higher than the negative
feedback, I'm not going to change the process without a clear sign that
a majority of people do not want those mails.