Re: GPL-licensed software linked against libssl on buildds!

On Wed, Jan 20, 2010 at 02:22:33PM +1300, Lucas Nussbaum wrote:

> Why spend a lot of time on tasks that provide little benefit, and also
> some disadvantages (in some cases, the fixes might be non-obvious, and
> requires changes to the packaging that tend to obscure it, for example
> by using --disable-foo for each and every option we don't want)?

I'm not asking anyone to spend time on this task, but I still consider
missing build-conflicts a bug.  Ignoring these bugs by insisting on clean
chroot environments for all official package builds is no solution - what if
one of your build-dependencies pulls in one of these other packages,
resulting in an undistributable (license-incompatible) misbuild?  If the
build-conflicts had been declared, or if the --without-foo option had been
passed, we would not have to worry about such a misbuild.

In that case, the missing build-conflicts /is/ an RC bug on the package.
Most of the time, it won't be, which is why I don't think we should
prioritize filing bugs about all such cases.