Re: Xen support on Squeeze

On Sun, Jan 03, 2010 at 01:21:55AM +0000, Ben Hutchings wrote:
> I believe we will have Xen hypervisor and Linux dom0 packages, but they
> will not be supported to the degree that ordinary kernel packages are.

I can't see any Xen kernel in Squeeze with support for Xen. Am I blind?

I don't see the hypervisor either, the only packages with xen in are:

dtc-xen, xen-utils-common, and libc6-xen.

> It does require virtualisation extensions, but most x86 processors sold in
> the last few years have them.

Most, if not all the computers I have access to do not have the virtualisation
extensions.

Like I said previously, I think dropping Xen support is a mistake because KVM
requires QEMU and QEMU seems to have a reputation of being insecure.
--
Brian May <bam@snoopy.debian.net>