Re: DEP-5: Please clarify the meaning of "same licence and share copyright holders"

On Sun, Jun 14, 2009 at 04:36:43PM +0100, Mark Brown wrote:
> Like I say, it's about the impression you're creating.  You say these
> things but the fact that you're using this formal Debian-wide process
> says something different.  The whole thing comes over very differently
> to "here's something you might find useful".

We're using a formal Debian-wide process because we want to engage the whole
Debian community in a way that improves the format so that it is as widely
applicable to as many people as possible. Despite the flames, and bikeshed
painting, I think we've made some really good progress along these lines.

Standardisation is a necessarily formal process.

Best,