Re: DEP-5: Please clarify the meaning of "same licence and share copyright holders"

On Sun, Jun 14, 2009 at 04:16:48PM +0100, Noah Slater wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 14, 2009 at 04:02:49PM +0100, Mark Brown wrote:

> > I think you're missing the point here; my point is that one of the goals of
> > pushing this through as a DEP comes over as being about greatly increasing the
> > pressure on people to adopt it.

> I don't know what gives you that impression. At various points, each DEP driver
> has made it explicit that we would like to make the format as broadly useful as
> possible, without suggesting it be mandatory at this stage.

Like I say, it's about the impression you're creating.  You say these
things but the fact that you're using this formal Debian-wide process
says something different.  The whole thing comes over very differently
to "here's something you might find useful".