Re: DEP-5: Please clarify the meaning of "same licence and share copyright holders"

On Thu, Jun 11, 2009 at 10:56:25PM +1000, Ben Finney wrote:
> Josselin Mouette <joss@debian.org> writes:
>
> > Unless you are volunteering to write and maintain these files for our
> > large source packages, for which maintainers have already explained they
> > don’t want to waste their time with such bikeshedding, this discussion
> > is 100% useless.
>
> That's a false dichotomy. It's not necessary for *every* package to
> adopt a machine-parseable ‘debian/copyright’ format for there to be
> benefit from those that do.

Agreed. I don't understand where this attack came from.

No one is forcing you to concern yourself with the discussion around the format.
If the discussion bores you, delete the emails and stop worrying. If the final
format is useless to you, don't use it.