Re: DEP-5: Please clarify the meaning of "same licence and share copyright holders"

On Thu, 2009-06-11 at 21:11 +0200, Mike Hommey wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 11, 2009 at 07:56:09PM +0100, Noah Slater wrote:
> > >
> > > Yes, I agree.  My existing pre-DEP5 copyright files are easier for a
> > > human to read than the DEP5 format.
> >
> > This is a matter of opinion, and you and Josselin are free to dislike the DEP5
> > format. This is why it would be a bad idea to make it mandatory at this stage.
> > Some other people, myself included, find it more readable. As long as some group
> > of people are of the same opinion, there is value in standardising it.

> Now compare with
> http://packages.debian.org/changelogs/pool/main/w/webkit/current/copyright

You are lucky, webkit is quite large, but has fairly simple copyright
(most files are copyrighted by just a few people for the same ranges of
years).

Compare this with another project, which is smaller, but where many
contributors have submitted new features:
http://packages.debian.org/changelogs/pool/main/m/moin/current/copyright

Regards,

Franklin