Re: DEP-5: Please clarify the meaning of "same licence and share copyright holders"

On Wed, Jun 10, 2009 at 10:44:33PM +0000, Sune Vuorela wrote:
> The more I read about this [DEP5], the more I get the feeling that it is
> only pushed by people who never maintained large source packages (that
> can change rapidly)

Why? We have been over this before.

We are developing DEP 5 to codify best practice in a format that is machine
parseable. If best practice means that we don't list copyright statements in a
legally meaningful way, then so be it. I was asking questions so that I could
understand this particular use case.

Best,