Re: DEP-5: Please clarify the meaning of "same licence and share copyright holders"

Sune Vuorela <nospam@vuorela.dk> writes:
> On 2009-06-11, Russ Allbery <rra@debian.org> wrote:

>> Ack, sorry, that's the wrong part.  I meant to paste the one
>> immediately below:

>>     2. Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright
>>        notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in
>>        the documentation and/or other materials provided with the
>>        distribution.

> Luckily the source package itself is "or other materials", so as long
> as we also offer that , no problems.

There are other licenses that don't say that (the Expat license, for
instance).

Also, I think saying that the source package is "other materials
provided with the distribution" is a bit of a stretch, although in
practice we could probably get away with it.