DEP-5: Please clarify the meaning of "same licence and share copyright holders"

Hi -devel,

I am sorry if it's just me who doesn't understand this sentence, but please clarify the meaning of "...indicating files that have the same licence and share copyright holders." in the current DEP-5 proposal for the 'Files' field.

Imagine I have three files in the source: a, b and c.
File a is copyrighted by Person A, file b is copyrighted by Person B and file c is copyrighted by both Persons A and B. All files are licensed under the GPL.

Does this situation really require me do create three separate stanzas in debian/copyright like this

	Files: a
	Copyright: © A
	License: GPL

	Files: b
	Copyright: © B
	License: GPL

	Files: c
	Copyright: © A
	           © B
	License: GPL

instead of just the following

	Files: a, b, c
	Copyright: © A
	           © B
	License: GPL

?

If I understand the sentence in question correctly then the proposal really requires me to create all three stanzas... that's insane!

Please tell me I am wrong and I may combine the stanzas in to one.

cheers,
Fabian

--
Dipl.-Phys. Fabian Greffrath

Ruhr-Universität Bochum
Lehrstuhl für Energieanlagen und Energieprozesstechnik (LEAT)
Universitätsstr. 150, IB 3/134
D-44780 Bochum

Telefon: +49 (0)234 / 32-26334
Fax:     +49 (0)234 / 32-14227