Re: quilt 3.0 source format and dpkg-source/dpkg-buildpackage

On Tue, Dec 29, 2009 at 17:35:53 +0100, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:

> Format 3.0 is more than .bz2 support.

And we're saying .bz2 support is the only thing in it we care about, and
didn't need to come with 3.0's drawbacks.

[...]
> Finally, nobody is forced to use it: if you don't like it, just avoid
> using it.

They are, at this point, if they need .bz2 support.  It didn't need to
be this way, but apparently the other way was "unwanted" for some reason.

Cheers,
Julien