rfkill (was: Re: Has Debian abandoned Python?)

I demand that Henrique de Moraes Holschuh may or may not have written...

> On Wed, 02 Dec 2009, Norbert Preining wrote:
[snip]
>> My program allows exactely that, and uses either DBus/HAL interface
>> of /dev/rfkill.

> Just keep in mind that /dev/rfkill manipulates radios of a given _type_ as
> a group, and that an user could have many radios of the same type, and want
> to manipulate just one.

You appear to be confusing /dev/rfkill with its corresponding userspace
binary (which can enable or disable by type or index).

> Also, touching any rfkill line _can_ cause hotplug and hotunplug of
> devices.

True, as we EeePC owners know quite well :-)

--
| Darren Salt            | linux at youmustbejoking | nr. Ashington, | Doon
| using Debian GNU/Linux | or ds    ,demon,co,uk    | Northumberland | Army
| + http://www.youmustbejoking.demon.co.uk/ & http://tlasd.wordpress.com/

Lettuce prey fur whirled peas.