Re: Has Debian abandoned Python?

On 02/12/09 at 14:26 +0100, Norbert Preining wrote:
> HI all,
>
> I have no personal opinion on python, but seeing that the maintainer
> has not stepped up and at elast *explained* what is going on and why
> we are lacking behind several releases is not a good sign.
>
> On Mi, 02 Dez 2009, Lucas Nussbaum wrote:
> > It's a bit too easy to behave like an ass and insult him, and then
> > complain that he is not talking to you or willing to work with you.
>
> You should behave, too, and not starting calling other "ass", that
> does not help anyone.
>
> What is needed is a statement of the maintainer on what his plans are
> and why there are problems. If he does not come up witha decent
> argumentation that should simply be discussed in the technical committee
> and the package handed over.
>
> Insulting as you (Lucas) did does not help, your insults were worse than
> what the OP wrote.

Note that the "you" is collective, i.e not just Sandro, but the various
people involved in Python in Debian that have been attacking Matthias
like that for months (if not years).

Also, FWIW, I was told that Matthias is currently unable to read/answer
email. So don't put too much hope in a statement from him in the next
hours.