Re: /var/www is depracated, which directory to use?

Holger Levsen <holger@layer-acht.org> writes:

>> i would recommend similar, but with the modification that you use a
>> dedicated subdirectory (i.e. /usr/share/munin/site), so that you still
>> have /usr/share/munin for other uses as well.

> Thats for read-only data only.

Right, you take the static data shipped with the package and put it there,
and you put the dynamically generated data in /var/lib/munin, following
the FHS.

You don't need to put all the web files in the same place.  There's no
correlation between where files are located on disk and what URLs they're
exposed as.

> I think having munin working out-of-the-box is a very neat feature.

I think we need better support in the Apache package for adding particular
aliases and similar URL configuration into the default site, so that those
who want to do things like this can add the necessary URL mappings to the
default site and those of us who are doing anything more complex and who
are therefore disabling the default site anyway don't have random packages
suddenly taking over portions of our URL space.