Re: /var/www is depracated, which directory to use?

]] Holger Levsen

| The way I read
| http://www.pathname.com/fhs/pub/fhs-2.3.html#SRVDATAFORSERVICESPROVIDEDBYSYSTEM
| /srv/munin would be the proper location for our purpose, but I know that some
| people disagree, claiming that /srv is only to be used by the local admins.
|
| As I read it, no package should remove files there, but placing files there
| should be fine. What's more important, I don't see which location is better
| suited.

I realise you've had good an constructive responses for webapps, so
commenting on /srv in particular:

As I read it, putting stuff there is absolutely not fine.  It's even
more off-limits than /usr/local (where you can create directories, but
not remove them).

--
Tollef Fog Heen